Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Amy + Tracy + Rachel + Liz . . . Minus 8

The first order of business:

I offer two final words on Jon & Kate. And those final words are . . . Who. Cares.

My only exposure to the show was a 15-minute trial more than a year ago, and after watching Kate pack suitcases for a trip to Disney World as she whined about it, well, frankly, I was bored out of my skull. This is why things like Twitter and Facebook are lost on people like me. It's like techno-voyeurism. Chased with a downer. Depressing, really.

With that out of the way, let's move on to more pressing matters. Like Amy+Tracy+Rachel+Liz Minus 8 = Beach Trip.

Threatening to be a bizarre and Deep South version of Real Housewives of New York, this trip takes four mothers of eight collective children for a four-day stay in a 50-foot RV known as The Raptor. I so wish you and TLC could come along, but frankly, there's just not enough room. Because I want my own bed.

If I were a Twitterer or a Facebooker, perhaps I would involve you in every detail of the journey.

We just bought gas!

Liz forgot the beach chairs!

Tracy ate all the Vienna sausages!

Rachel fell off her bike!

Nobody told me I was in charge of bringing the toilet paper!

But instead, I shall document only what warrants documenting and will share those events in some format, either from the beach or when I return. That depends on WiFi and my mood. And how many naps a day I will be taking.

If things go awry, maybe I could line up the other three on a picnic bench and video them as they whine about each other and give off bad vibes and hostile body language. And then I would charge you $25,000 an episode to view it.

Stay tuned . . .


In the meantime, head on over to here to check out an updated book review entry.