Friday, June 12, 2009

You Call This a "Blog"? I Call This a "Hiatus."

Thirty-six posts into 2009, and you would think I would quit calling this a "blog" at all. It is time that I vow either to do a better, more regular job of posting, or do away with it altogether. Get off the fence. Make up my mind. Make a decision. Take a stand. Quit being so wishy-washy.

So-o-o-o-o . . .

The blog is taking a vacation, as if that isn't already apparent from these long stretches of tired posts that stay at the top of the heap for more than a week or two.

Instead, I will be channeling the stories, experiences and outright made-up events into other arenas for other purposes -- namely, a cool project for 2010 that, if I'm not careful, will begin to feel like a neglected term paper looming over my head. (You're welcome, David.)

Perhaps I'll give this blog a fresh jump-start in a few months. Or not. Who knows? If you're not in my address book (or not sure if you're in my address book), please e-mail me at cates (dot) amy (at) gmail (dot) com. (The e-mail address is spelled out to prevent big ol' chunks of spam. Blcchh.) I'll set you up so that you can receive notifications this fall, and you'll be apprised of goings-on, including blog status, upcoming events and other shameless acts of self-promotion masked as marketing tactics.

And whether you've been an occasional or faithful reader, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!